It began in 1872, when John P. Serres came to San Francisco, California. John was the proprietor of one of the first French bakeries established in the city, and also operated several hotels. In 1888, he started his family with the birth of son John P. Serres II. Later John P. Serres moved north to Sonoma County in 1900.
In 1910, Mr. Serres II married Mrs. Myrtle Hutchinson, daughter of Marshall Hutchinson, one of the early settlers of Nevada. They had two children: Luella and John Marshall Serres, who later changed his name to Franklin Watriss Serres at the age of 3.
In 1913, John P. Serres II assumed the management of the farm owned by Franklin Watriss. John was given a partnership in the farm, and later fully inherited it when Franklin Watriss passed away on December 30th 1924.
From 1924 to the present day, the Serres Ranch has been owned and operated by the Serres Family, now in their fifth generation of ownership. The Serres family partakes in grape growing, cattle raising, is a general engineering contractor, blueberry farming, and ranching in Sonoma and Mendicino counties as well as Sonora, Mexico.
Crafted for Serres Corporation by 2ndzenith Designs